Bible Study Tips
Ever struggle to find time to read the Bible? Or how about when you do have time, it just doesn’t make sense? We’ve all been there, but studying the bible doesn’t have to be hard or just another task! Here’s some helpful tips to get you started studying the bible better and sticking with it this time!
- Always pray for wisdom and an open mind before you start reading and studying.
- Read one passage a few times before moving to the next, especially if you don’t understand what it is saying!
- After reading, take some time to meditate/pray about what you just read.
- If you still don’t understand the context, try reading more verses before and after! Context is key!
- Still don’t understand? There’s several trusted commentaries, footnotes and other helpful studies that you can gather more insight on the passage.
- Try reading and studying the bible with a friend!
- Find a study bible that is easy for you to read – check out the Christian Standard Version or the English Standard Version, and also check out the She Reads Truth study bible.
- Have a question about a particular passage? Ask, write and pray.
- Get plugged in to a local church – community helps develop our understanding of the scriptures.
- If you don’t like reading, find an audio version of the Bible!